02.02.2009

- Enter the 13′th floor, from the 14′th… By rope, ok?

Its 8 o’clock in the evening and I’m standing in front of my utterly locked appartment door. The key fits and the cylinder turns. But the bolt doesn’t move. I shut my mouth and the cursing ends... And I call the landlord, he comes over.

We talk, we try with a different key, but still… The lock remain stuck. Time passes fast and I have to get a room at the club. Noon, the next day. While waiting in the park, avoiding a couple of cows, drinking coffee with my landlord, we look up to the high-rise, at my appartment.

- I’ve arranged for a man to enter your flat from the veranda. By rope.
- Ain’t that dangerous?
- No… He knows what he’s doing.
- And is he doing it for free?
- No, he wanted 500 rupees… I bargained it down to 350.
- I see.
- I’ll be charging your company for this.

I didn’t say a word. I just keept staring on the man who was risking his life for 50 NOK or 4 British pounds. There he was, in a thin rope, 40 meters above ground.

I was upset and I know that I shall never show temper in cases regarding money. Thinking… Right on, come monday morning. I’ll contact my company’s controller and let him in on all the details. We’ll see about whos paying what.

Later on we met with the rope-man, the janitor and two other guys. The lock and key remained the same, but now it “worked”. I shook my head as the team left my floor.

But now I know what to do, if its happens again… I’ll call the rope man for 350 rupees.
----------------------------------------------
Mental Goalie:
The part of your brain that keeps you from saying out loud the evil / stupid thoughts that are sometimes your first response to questions or situations...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar